Thursday 9 December 2010

Turkey Day, French-style






I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself for pulling together this holiday! I'm the only person that had a big enough apartment, so I offered to have it at my place. I invited all the Americans plus a few others. It ended up being 2 frenchies, a spanish dude, a british dude, a jamaican, and 4 americans. Oh and did I mention that all I have is an electric toaster oven?? I had some help from everyone else, and we ended up having everything necessary to make a real Thanksgiving! Oh, except the turkey, but chickens the same, right? You'd be surprised how much stuff you can't find in France, for example: stuffing, cranberries, gravy, etc. We had to get really creative. It ended up being a perfect day! Thibaut even surprised me from Paris as we were sitting down to dinner! He said he had to work and fooled me all day and then showed up at the door right on time for dinner. So sneaky :) We of course went around the table and said what we were all thankful for, and everyone stayed after dinner to play games. We had a little French touch too, with some champagne and French cheeses. I missed my family, but I am lucky to have a lot of friends here to keep me company!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Aw - glad you had a special day and could pull together some thanksgiving like foods!