Friday 6 March 2009

Where do I begin..

Well I have pretty much been on vacation for 3 weeks, so I guess I will start at the beginning.  A few weeks ago, I got a phone call from the school, explaining that one of the teachers took a leave of absence, and the school was desperately searching for someone to chaperone a school trip to Berlin.  Umm a free trip to Berlin and no work for a week?  Sure.  So me and 3 other teachers took a group of 44 seniors to Berlin for about 5 days.  Oh yeah, and we took a bus.  If you look at a map, Berlin isn't exactly right around the corner, it is about 12-ish hours away from here!  It was a long night sleeping in a bus, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.  When we were there we saw Checkpoint Charlie, lots of Holocaust memorials and the museum, the Sans Souci palace in Potsdam, and umm I forget what else?  All I know is it ended up being really fun!  Of course the students wanted to go out, and since they are French, the other teachers didn't seem concerned that they wanted to go out drinking.  We compromised and took them bowling for 2 nights, and then let them go out on the town one night.  The result only ended with ONE barfing girl!  Good job kids, way to hold your alcohol.  No but the trip was really fun, and I got to know a lot of the students a lot better.  They were so cute, they always included me in everything that they did during the trip.  I am so lucky to have such nice students :) 
Checkpoint Charlie
I think this was a church
The entrance to Babylon that they moved to a museum... sorry its facing the wrong way
This was built some year in the BC's...
The whole gang!

No comments: