Sunday 29 November 2009

The New Digs

Once again I haven't been very good at blogging lately. I've been so busy! Working 12 hours a week is EXHAUSTING!

This past week Kristen and I finally got the keys for our new apartment! We were so ready to move in.. more people have moved into the building where our studios are, and we had to share the kitchen. Some people cook some nasty smelling crap. The other apartments were really nice but we decided that we needed to have a place with more space, with a living room and our own kitchen. Our landlord had an opening at the end of November in the building next door, so we took it. We moved all of our stuff in on Monday. I thought it'd be an easy move because basically I just have my clothes and some belongings.. but somehow I have accumulated so much crap! I don't know how I will ever move back home.

This past week we got settled in really quickly. It was easy since we already have EVERYTHING that we could ever possibly need, sheets, towels, kitchen utensils, everything. And it's not even like it's cheap stuff they've given us, it's all really nice quality.

As for the rest of my time, I've just been hanging out. Shannon was here to visit, we went to Dijon, and Beaune in the Burgundy region. I spent last weekend in Turckheim with the family, and this weekend I had some visitors here for the Christmas markets and my housewarming party. So everything is going well! I will update more soon..


Kristen's room. Hey Roomie!
Le "salon"
Flat screen+Klimt painting. Love it.
my room! small but cozy

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh you have SO much more private space now. Good move!

Susan said...

Love the new 'digs' and LOVE your new blog layout....you really designed it Beautiful!!! xo

lkgnyc said...

the apt is soo cute!!