Friday 21 January 2011

Sushi Night

For starters, I looove sushi.  I would eat it more often if sushi restaurants weren't so expensive!  I don't eat the weird looking stuff but I love the maki rolls. I got really into it when I moved here.  I don't know why or how, but sushi here is 10x better than in the States. Thibaut learned how to make sushi from a Japanese friend when he was living in Australia, and we've been talking about making it forever.  The problem was always that we needed a rice cooker to make the rice the right texture!  For Christmas, his sister gave him a rice cooker, FINALLY!  So we finally got around to making our sushi!  He found all the "tools" required at an asian store in Paris, even the chop sticks and little bowls for the soy sauce, and we were ready to go.  It's really not hard to make, and it's so much cheaper making it at home!  I think the reason it's so expensive going out to get sushi is because we both eat like 4 rolls instead of just eating a few like you're supposed to.  At least we can eat as much as we want at home, and it was just as good! I made a bunch of extra rolls too to impress my guests that I am having over tonight :)

The Ingredients!  Salmon, tuna, cucumber, avocado, mayo, cream cheese

Step one: the seaweed leaves for the outside

add a thin layer of rice
and the ingredients



roll it carefully
the results!  

the tuna rolls

my favorite: salmon, cream cheese, cucumber and avocado
Time to eat! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mayo in sushi? Ew. Send me one of those cakes!