Friday 16 October 2009

Dreams really do come true...

After wanting to go for over a year, I finally made it to Europa Park on Wednesday! Europa Park is the biggest amusement park in Europe and it's in Germany about an hour away. Last year ALL YEAR I wanted to go to this place soo bad, and I could never get anyone to go with me. Well I mentioned it to my roommate and another assistant, and they were just as excited about it as I was! So of course we hastily planned our trip to the Disney-esque amusement park. We left Wednesday early in the morning, and trained it down to Rust, Germany where the park is. Right when we entered we knew it would be a magical day! The park is overly decorated for Halloween, with hundreds of pumpkins and creepy dressed-up people walking around pretending to stab you with their knives and swords.. The park is split up into different countries, so they have France, Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, etc. The best two countries are definitely France and Iceland because the have the big roller coasters! Now of course they aren't as good as the Cedar Point coasters, but it was pretty cold that day so I was okay with the fact that they weren't going 100 mph.

As for the other rides, they all had a theme to go along with the country. It's pretty much an Epcot with roller coasters. It was funny, they totally copied Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion from Disney World. Both rides were replicas down to the small details. Also the mascot of the park is a mouse.. he doesn't look anything like Mickey but they're def stealing the idea. I have to say that we weren't disappointed by any of the rides there, I would definitely go back again if I get the chance.

We spent about 6 or 7 hours there, and after that decided we had enough. We were wearing ski jackets and gloves because it was so cold! Luckily, unlike most amusement parks, food was extremely cheap there. I got a burger, fries and a coke for about 4 euros, which is around 6 bucks. Not bad! I obviously ate my way through the rest of the park after I discovered the low prices.

Overwhelmed with Joy!

The entrance all decorated for Halloween

So many pumpkins

Couldn't resist

Kristen getting chased by the stilts dude and the guy with swords.. it's funny at first but after a while it starts to get pretty scary
The new roller coaster, the Blue Fire

Part of the "nightmare before christmas" parade

bahahah

We tried to find an elf ride and ended up on a creepy puppet boat ride

Kristen & Gina

1 comment:

Susan said...

How SUPER neat!!!!! What language do all the workers speak? Thinking German, but you don't speak German, so how was the communication? I'm also guessing they speak English.....sooooo 1 of my 'guesses has to be right -- right? Thanks for doing this blog--it's so much fun to see pics and hear about your 'life' :) :)