Sunday 18 October 2009

Stuffing my Face in Stras

This weekend my friend Megan came up from Zurich to visit. Literally all we did was eat amazinggg French food! I have been eating so bad here but I still have managed to already lose weight. I mean I could live off cheese and bread. Gotta love the Frenchie's lifestyle. I also walk like 5 miles a day here just to get to where I need to go so I guess that's why.

Meg came up Saturday afternoon, and as soon as she got here we found a nice patio to settle down on for lunch. It was pretty cold but they supplied us with some nice Ikea blankets so it was all good. I of course chose one of my all time faves: goat cheese salad. You can never find anything quite like the French version at home. We had lunch for a couple hours, complete with an espresso afterwards. The rest of the day we strolled around the city, walked for about 4 hours, did lots of shopping, and then came back and got ready for dinner. For dinner my roommate Kristen chose an Alsatian restaurant right on the river. We ate mussels and the region's specialty called "Tarte Flambée" (means flaming tart) which is kinda like a pizza, but it is made with a cream sauce, a super thin crust, and they put bacon and onion on it. So. Good. Next the dessert...ohhh the dessert. We chose a hot fudge lava cake and another ice cream/chocolate dish. You really just can't find food like this at home!

Today we slept in, and then.. went to lunch! I think I found my new fave restaurant. It's a 50's themed bar, they have milkshakes and sandwiches and stuff. And the prices are super cheap! It reminds me of a place that would be in Tremont at home. I will def be spending a lot of time there this year.

So did I mention lately that I love food? And of course I also love visitors. It was so good to see Megan, it's always a good feeling to have some familiarity when I'm over here thousands of miles from home! Here are some pics of our fat-free weekend.

Pre-binge eating
Delicious goat cheese salad. This pic should be in a magazine or something
Me Kristen and Meg
The end of our Tarte Flambée
Moules Frites
Hot Fudge Lava cake
clean plate club!
I forgot to mention the fact that we accidently lit meg's hat on fire.. luckily I caught it in the early phase.

Roomies!
The 50's place
Reflecting over an afternoon game of Boggle.

To whomever has me for the xmas exchange this year: This is the only gift I'm asking for
This one's for our Moms! I'm sure this blog will be discussed at church next Sunday

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You and I are totally going to the 50's place! Not very French of me, but it has to be done.