Thursday 27 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, I have to say this is the most uneventful Thanksgiving of my LIFE.  I am at a film festival with my students who are in the "cinema option" for the week.  I have seen some good films but I have gotten to the point where I cannot SIT anymore, but there is absolutely nothing to do in this town.   So far here are all of the movies I have seen on the big screen: 
North by Northwest (I think I'm in love with Cary Grant, definitely missed the boat on that one)
Mission Impossible
Born to Lose (a depressing story about a heroine addicted rock star)
39 Steps
Starship Troopers
Memoirs of an Invisible Man 
THX 1138
Notice they all were made before the year '96?  French people are a little different...

I am in a town called Belfort, which is only famous for a large lion sculpture that was built by Bartholdi (the dude that made the Statue of Liberty, who is actually from the town where I live).  So today I woke up for breakfast, went back to sleep for 2 hours, ate some lunch, saw some movies, ate again, and then ate an entire Belgian chocolate bar in my hotel room.  Very exciting.  I hope that all of you are having a more eventful day than I am!  On a serious note, I have seen some good movies, and I do appreciate the fact that by being here I don't have to work (once again) all week!  I think I just have to be here by law for the school, because I don't seem to spend much time watching the kids :)  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  Miss you all.

Here's Bartholdi's Lion.. stunning isn't he?

No comments: